This client of choice a leading Retailer is seeking a Financial Accountant for a period of 12 Months to cover Maternity Leave.
What's the purpose of the job:
To support the Head of Accounting in:
- Ensuring that accounting for non-operational items (amortisation and depreciation, debt/interest) is maintained on an accurate and timely basis;
- Ensuring the Group complies with its banking and statutory reporting requirements and is well prepared for external audit.
What will I be doing?
- Month end activities for P&L lines below EBITDA and various balance sheet accounts including posting of journals and producing supporting calculations and reconciliations.
- Preparing a consolidated balance sheet pack and cash flow on a monthly basis for reporting to key stakeholders.
- Preparing statutory accounts under IFRS/FRS 101 in accompanying notes.
- Performing intercompany interest calculations for group companies on a monthly basis in accordance with the group's policy.
- Assist with co-ordinating the preparation and completion of statutory accounts across our European companies, which are compliant with local GAAP.
- Preparing the company for external audit including: preparation of year-end reconciliations and supporting calculations; and preparation of audit deliverables.
- Delivering ad hoc projects.
What qualifications, skills and experience do I need?
- ACA qualified or part qualified, technically strong with excellent knowledge of IFRS
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently or as part of the team, taking full ownership of assigned projects.