Investigo are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a growing Bolton based Client to recruit a Financial Accountant, on a permanent basis.
The Financial Accountant will support the Head of Financial Reporting to perform accurate and timely financial accounting, tax accounting and compliance of the group's monthly and annual reporting obligations.
The role will work closely with the external auditors and internal finance team to deliver an efficient external audit process.
Financial reporting & controls
- Work closely with the Transaction Processes / SSC manager and wider team, to continually strive to improve processes, reporting and overall service to the Group;
- Continually work to develop and improve a strong control environment, including maintenance of appropriate finance and tax controls in support of the Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) requirements;
- To produce all Group VAT returns and act as a key contact for VAT queries within the Group;
- To assist with the implementation of the new VAT structure across the Group and embed appropriate processes and procedures to ensure this is both efficient and effective within the required timescales;
- To assist with the role out of VAT planning more widely across the group with the support of external advisors.
Audit and statutory accounts
- Work closely with the external auditors and internal finance teams to ensure the audit process runs as smoothly as possible in line with a strict timetable;
- Assist with the production of statutory accounts for all legal entities;
- Assist with the production of corporation tax calculations and provisions for the statutory accounts; and
- Provide supporting analysis and documentation for tax advisors for annual returns and other compliance.
- File all tax & financial requirements within statutory deadlines;
- Prepare and submit Corporation Tax computations for subsidiaries and ensure ixbrl tagging is accurate and complete; and
- Ad-hoc compliance for Office of National Statistics.
- Undertake ad-hoc and unannounced internal audit checks of divisional files to ensure all divisional accounts are maintained up to date and reconciled at least monthly;
- Provide group cover as required;
- Communicate suggestions for increased efficiency within the department and/ or organisation; and
- Assist in the development and training of colleagues.
The successful Candidate will be a professionally qualified individual with extensive financial accounting experience, including reporting under UK GAAP. They will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to communicate across all levels. Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous.
Our Client is offering a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits.