My client a growing Retailer is seeking a Finance Controller for a period of 12 Months. This is a pivotal role leading a team of 20 in Transactional Finance/ Management Accounts & Financial Accounts.
Ensure internal controls and processes are followed and developed, to enable the accounting information to be completed in an accurate and timely manner. Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer to professionalise the Finance function, improve financial controls/systems/reports, and improve the financial performance of the company.
- Ensure the financial records of the group are accurate and compliant with financial reporting standards.
- Ensure accounting policies are applied and developed in line with changes in the business and/or changes in financial reporting standards
- Manage all financial reporting and audit requirements, ensuring all statutory reporting deadlines are achieved. Lead the relationship with external accounting and tax advisors
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures and internal controls
- Complete the month end process, including all reconciliations, departmental reporting, variance analysis and production of consolidated management accounts, to tight deadlines.
- Strong balance sheet control
- Responsible for ensuring tax compliance (Corporation Tax, SAO, VAT, Customs)
- Ensure key stakeholders have informative and insightful reporting
- Management of accounts receivable and accounts payable cycle
- Cash management; production of weekly short-term cashflow
- FX management
- Identifying and implementing cash optimisation initiatives
- Ensure authorisation limits are fit-for-purpose
- Participation in the budgeting and forecasting processes for the group
- Manage and progress the financial systems in place, e.g. being heavily involved in the choice and implementation of a new ERP system
- Working closely with the CFO on finance and efficiency improvements, and assisting with ad-hoc requirements when needed.
- Manage banking administration, liaising with bank partners
- Liaison with, and sharing of good practice with other members of the Finance community
- Lead and coach the finance team. Ensure a high level of service is delivered within the business