Our client is a well-established international business with a positive reputation. Part of a larger group of companies they have built a strong market presence over many years. Following outstanding results in 2020/ 2021 the business are now seeking to hire a Financial Controller to become a key decision maker and contribute to strategic initiatives, challenge and improve decision making and develop management information, reporting, analysis and controls across the network.
Based from their head office, close to Slough, the role offers a positive mix of office and home working where you will act as the number 2 to the Finance Director. Supporting a number of sites in both the UK and Europe you will become involved in all aspects of financial reporting and accounting, including the supervision of a small finance team, cash management and projects. Responsibilities will include
- Ownership of finance and all reporting for a number of entities, including tax and statutory filings;
- Management of the working capital, ensuring that annual targets are met
- Management and development of the finance team, responsible for building and maintaining a high performing team that meets the needs of the business;
- Support of the statutory and KPI group reporting requirements to group
- Owning, developing and enhancing internal management information reporting, working with Board members/Management to enable better decision making in areas including (but not limited to): Inventory management, Sales and Order reporting, Working capital, Fixed assets, Capitalised Development Costs;
- Supporting the enhancement and revolution of the Group's systems, such as ERP development, Power BI, SQL reporting and automation of manual processes;
- Business Partnering with the Board and Management to enhance internal cost/benefit and ROI analysis procedures;
- Responsible for driving process improvement within the Group of companies, acting independently and taking ownership of this
The company are seeking to hire a post qualified Finance Manager (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a background of working within a small, busy finance team with high levels of autonomy (SME). You will be able to work independently, drive improvements in process and systems with a willingness to challenge and be challenged. Experience of manufacturing or a comparable industry would be highly beneficial but by no means essential as would experience of working with overseas entities. They are looking to move quickly so those who are immediately available or on a shorter notice would be desirable.
The business are experiencing an exciting time in their history and are able to offer a stable and highly diverse working environment (including home working), a competitive package and excellent long term prospects. They have a fun and positive culture and this is a great chance to make a real difference.