An International Banking organisation in the City has a great opportunity for a Financial Controller to join the Finance team. This is a permanent opportunity, based in the City of London and comes with a basic salary up to £80k plus benefits and bonus.
This is a great opportunity for candidates with Financial Reporting/Statutory Accounting experience to move into a role that will allow them to move into a control focused role and start to add more value to the wider finance function.
- Daily and monthly production responsibilities around various elements of Financial Reporting and Control, including product reconciliations (Money Markets instruments, Repos, Trading securities, Derivatives etc.);
- Preparation of various financial reporting submissions to Tokyo on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Preparation of annual financial statements including notes to accounts;
- Intercompany submissions;
- Co-ordinating and supporting the Balance sheet substantiation process across the organisation, compiling and analysing results and preparing monthly presentation packs;
- Ownership and maintenance of SOX controls and co-ordinating the submission of SOX evidence;
- Participation in Finance-wide projects where required;
- Perform any other ad-hoc assignments or initiatives as required by the Head of Financial Reporting.
Key skills and Responsibilities:
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA etc.)
- Broad understanding of financial markets and familiarity with investment banking products
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Strong accounting/financial reporting skills and familiarity with accounting standards (FRS 102, IFRS, US GAAP)
This is a great role for a qualified accountant who has some experience of people management, and is looking to step into a more senior, more strategic financial controller role.
For more information, get in touch or apply through the advert for immediate consideration