Financial Reporting Accountant
Financial Reporting Accountant
Our client is a PE-backed business based in Northampton, and it has witnessed continuous year-on-year growth with a national footprint.
They excel in providing end-to-end solutions for utility infrastructure and networks, earning recognition as industry leaders by a diverse clientele.
Following a substantial investment, our client has commenced an extraordinary journey of growth and development, and with this expansion and new market exploration, they are looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant to be part of their future and support with exceeding their targets.
As the Finance Reporting Accountant, your pivotal role involves spearheading the planning and preparation of the Group's financial reports. This position requires a dynamic and skilled professional who will take ownership of financial management and reporting across the entire organisation. You will be a vital link between various internal and external stakeholders, collaborating closely with the CFO and Financial Controller, ensuring the financial health of the Group remains robust.
The role primarily involves the following Responsibilities:
- Organising Financial Data: The candidate will support the Chief Financial Officer and Financial Controller in the systematic organisation of financial data. This process should be straightforward and methodical.
- Debt Raise or Transaction Preparation: In the context of a debt raise or financial transaction, the candidate will be responsible for compiling a database of essential information. Their role includes verifying the accuracy and coherence of the data. Over time, have the ability to identify opportunities for improvements and suggest enhancements.
- Adapting to Different Areas: The candidate should be open to learning and becoming familiar with various financial areas, such as CIS (Construction Industry Scheme), VAT, and accounts payable and receivable. While prior knowledge is not a prerequisite, you should possess the ability to learn and adapt as needed.
- Consolidation Review: The candidate will need to meticulously review financial consolidations, ensuring that the data aligns with the organisation's financial objectives. Systems and processes are already in place to facilitate this task, and close collaboration is ensured to maintain efficiency.
- Support and Learning: The candidate will receive ample support and learning opportunities. They will not feel overwhelmed and will have the chance to gradually acquire new skills and knowledge. The role represents approximately 50% of a typical workload, leaving room for the candidate to assist the finance team in various capacities and become acquainted with the business.
Overall, the role offers a manageable workload with a focus on methodical data management, database preparation for financial transactions, and opportunities for learning and contributing to the finance team's success. We encourage both Qualified and Part Qualified Accountants to apply for this role.