Investigo are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a large Bedfordshire based Client to recruit a Financial Reporting Specialist, on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Group Finance, this position sits in the Group Finance team based in Bedfordshire, with some travel to subsidiary finance teams across the UK. This role is critical in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the Groups internal and external reporting as it continues to expand and will involve technical research on complex accounting issues, acquisition accounting and review and oversight of reconciliations.
You'll have a keen attention to detail as well as the ability to manage a busy workload and meet reporting deadlines. It's likely you will have trained in Practice and have experience of working in a fast-paced environment, but you'll certainly be someone who thrives under pressure and can prioritise your own workload. You will be a qualified accountant with a background in audit and proven experience of reporting functions and technical accounting skills at a senior level.
- Lead the Group on technical financial accounting matters, preparing papers on new matters that arise and reviewing existing policies
- Preparation of acquisition accounting
- Review of key reconciliations across the Group including periodic site visits to subsidiaries
- Management of the accurate and timely production of Group regulatory reporting returns
- Explain technical issues clearly to the Board Audit Committee and external auditors
- Ensure a strong control environment within the core financial reporting team processes
- Review and update Group Accounting policies annually
- Ensure that every assistance is given to internal and external Auditors and that their agreed recommendations are employed
- Support the Group Finance team with half year and year end consolidation for statutory reporting.
- Manage, develop and support the Group Accountant
Our Client is offering a salary of £75,000 - £80,000 + Benefits