Investigo are delighted to be supporting a well known multi-site retail business with their recruitment of a Fixed Asset Accountant, to be based at their Milton Keynes Head Office.
The Fixed Asset Accountant is a key role within the Financial Accounts team. Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, this role is responsible for all Fixed Asset Accounting including board pack, project reporting, posting and reviewing depreciation, AUC reporting.
The role will work closely with the Development Department, Finance Director and Financial Controller to provide support with project accounting and CAPEX budget understanding.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Capex Board reporting
- Monthly group reporting to parent company in Ireland (fixed asset schedules),
- Completion of annual financial statement notes for parent company in Ireland
- Staying up to date with developments in accounting standards for fixed assets
- Quarterly reconciliation of Fixed Asset Register to SUN General Ledger
- Project reporting to PMs
- Reviewing CEAs (ensuring CEA is completed and approved correctly, budget is properly assigned etc.)
- Reviewing all POs against project budget
- Checking POs coding
- Controlling CAPEX budget
- Reviewing Capital creditors period end journal
- Reviewing Capitalisation period end journal
- Monthly review of depreciation
- Quarterly check for further depreciation
- Quarterly BS vs P&L depreciation reconciliation
- Preparing and reviewing journals for disposal
- Responding to Accounts Payable and PMs invoice queries
- Monthly reviewing BS reconciliations
- AUC reporting
- Year-end Fixed Assets Lead Schedule
- Ad hoc reports as and when requested by Financial Controller or Finance Director
- Liaising with Financial Controller / Finance Director / Head of departments
- Support to project work involving fixed asset registers
- Responsible for one direct report
The successful Candidate will be a Part Qualified ACCA studier with some financial accounting and fixed assets experience. They will be a bright, outgoing individual who is comfortable liaising with both finance and non-finance individuals.
Our Client is offering a salary of £30,000 - £33,000 + Study Support + Benefits.