FP&A Manager - Online Retailer - Central London - Contract
We're working with one of the most exciting businesses on the market right now. They are ever growing and are looking for a commercial candidate to join their team.
The role itself is perfect for someone who has experience gained in a B2C environment where the business has gone through a scale-out phase.
- Own and maintain the medium term planning, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Provide analysis and assessment of performance against the agreed budget and forecasts / plans on a monthly basis. Provide support for the commercial functions and act as an enabler to maximize the potential for this area.
- Develop and improve reporting execution, delivery, and analysis to steer the resulting actions. New reporting modules include things like supplier performance, product category profitability, and new product contribution
- Coordinate across all FP&A areas the consolidation process of Financial planning
- Build models that improve our accuracy and efficiency across Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and P&L
- Own and maintain the medium term planning, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes for longer term investment allocation such as Technology projects and infrastructure
- Own the Cash flow forecasting, provide support as needed on funding requirements and sensitivity analysis
- Work closely with the Management Accounts team ensuring FP&A intersects accurately and in a timely manner with Month end processes
- Provide analysis and assessment of performance against the agreed budget and forecasts / plans on a monthly basis, provide support for the commercial functions.
- Develop and improve reporting execution, delivery, and analysis to steer the resulting actions. Develop new reporting modules that provide greater insight
- Leverage existing systems by integrating and automating reports into financial planning models
- Provide investment modelling support and corporate financial advice to the Head of and Finance Director for new initiatives
- Assist in the architecture and building of a comprehensive data warehouse to provide the data necessary for trend analysis.
Key Experience Required:
- 3+ years PQ Preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience in an eCommerce and B2C e-tailer highly valued. Experience as a partner to Trade, Retail, Merchandising teams a bonus but not essential
- Strong knowledge across Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and P&L
- High degree of modelling skills in developing integrated Balance Sheet, cash flow and P&L forecasting tools
- Experienced in a Management Accounts or FP&A role working across full set of financial accounts
- Experience in an eCommerce and B2C e-tailer highly valued but not essential.
- Ability to turn a strategic proposition into an executable plan, fully supported by a financial model suited to the business
- Power user in excel and database management skills
- Very strong analytical and attention to detail skills
- Ability to work autonomously as a single contributor and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise across multiple tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present well to non-financial managers