This is a really exciting opportunity for a candidate with financial planning & management accounts experience to work for a growing retail organisation and be a key part of the business.
Within your role you will be accountable for:
To support the Financial Controller in establishing and operating business processes which will enable the accurate and timely preparation of monthly management accounts, cost centre variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and the annual budget and forecast cycles.
Provide insightful commentary, identify options to address issues or recommend opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver month end management accounts and analysis in line with reporting deadlines
- Calculate and post accruals, prepayments, depreciation and other periodic journals
- Prepare KPI summarised data, as may be agreed from time to time, to accompany the management accounts
- Provide reporting and margin analysis for managers to help them better understand and manage their business area
- Produce/update the Group's cash flow reporting
- Support in ensuring that they have key data needed to run their teams, so that they can proactively deal with /are aware of, any adverse trends
- Be a member of the finance team responsible for maintaining up to date processing and accounting entries in the systems thereby ensuring the accounting system accurately records the true trading position for the Group
- Oversee all bank reconciliations including merchant accounts and key affiliate accounts
- Reconcile key monthly balance sheet accounts for review
- To include inter-company balances prior to month-end close
- Support the Group's annual budget and re-forecast process with department heads
- Assist with year-end audit and preparation of schedules in support of the statutory accounts
- Produce quarterly VAT returns and oversee the HMRC function
- Assist with stock counts, reporting and reconciliations
- Any other finance department tasks as requested by Financial Controller.
Full-time, Permanent - 09:00 - 17:30 (Flexible working)
20 day's holiday + birthday off and xmas break day. Increased with year's of service