Are you a Fund Accountant looking for an opportunity for greater scope of role outside of the typical reporting? Do you see yourself joining a growing business and surrounding yourself with inspiring and experienced professionals that are serious about your career progression?
If so, this role is certainly worth exploring.
This established multi strategy investment management firm with over £40bn AUM across PE, CLO and hedge funds. The business is mature and going through an exciting growth phase and so are looking for an ambitious Fund Accountant to join their team, managing a portfolio of PE and hedge fund assets with scope wider than the typical reporting function, as outlined below:
- Monthly/quarterly NAV: preparing estimated performance for each investment vehicle for reporting to investors.
- Finalising the NAV and reconciling to the third party administrator
- Preparation of intra month P&L and performance metrics for internal reporting for the hedge funds.
- Oversee the valuation of a wide variety of financial products in accordance with valuation policies.
- Understand pricing exceptions and document them for consideration by the valuation committee.
- Annual financial reporting: liaising with auditors to manage an efficient year end reporting process. Supervision and review of the annual financial statements
- Oversee SEC regulatory Form PF quarterly filings in conjunction with the fund administrator and AIFMD Annex IV filings
- Manage FATCA / CRS related workflow and reporting in coordination with the firm's business development team and external administrator.
- Assist external tax accountants with production of investor Schedule K-1s, PFIC reports and other tax partnership reporting
Fund Structuring & investor reporting
- Assist in on-boarding of new fund or managed accounts as they arise
- Assist in preparation of investor transparency reports and seek to ensure they are in line with best practice.
- Board Meetings
- Prepare material for quarterly board and audit committee meetings for the funds.
Drive Process Improvement
- Manage outsourced teams and their output in the form of the fund administrator
- Maintain appropriate finance systems and controls to enable the measurement and management of risks within the function and continually look to improve efficiency using systems and automation
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to determine and implement procedures in response to new regulations
What's on offer?
This is a team that are passionate about growth and progression. Under the leadership of an experienced CFO and Controller, you will have the opportunity to strengthen your commercial skills and be more hands on with the support of deals, valuations and "cradle to grave" exposure to the funds.
- Flexible working policy - c4 days in the office but open to discussion
- c25% bonus (discretionary)
- 9% pension contribution
- Comprehensive benefits suite including Bupa, dental cover, free meals in the office (Breakfast & lunches), electric car scheme
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Experience in fund accounting or product control and financial reporting
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Driven and ambitious individual looking to make an impact
- Knowledge of fund structures
For more information, please contact Cheryl Aust at Investigo London