Data Engineer - Bristol - up to £70k + bonus
Investigo have been engaged by a long-standing client in their search for multiple Data Engineers. These roles are working within a new cutting edge data engineering function and we are looking for candidates that are interested in developing greenfield data engineering solutions, from data pipelining and ingestion through to data platforming and storage.
These roles are working with the newest technology on the market and will be cloud native, so any experience managing cloud based platforms would be highly advantageous (ideally GCP/AWS) and knowledge of handling large volumes of data is preferred.
As part of a team of highly skilled data engineers, you will create and maintain logical data models, integrating data from multiple data sources into a central cloud repository. You will apply data cleansing and data standardisation rules, providing clear documentation of the business rules embedded in the system, with the potential of solving data quality issues through your team. You will work closely with the wider team to understand what the data journey needs to look like and work closely with the Data Architecture team to develop products and services. You will write and maintain data engineering user documentation to provide transparency and maintain the knowledge base within the team.
- Applies specialist data expertise to develop and advise approach on a range of complex, high impact and data solutions a services
- Assures data availability and quality across our systems
- Helps to resolve technical problems
- Proactively identifies new potential data sources and assess feasibility of ingesting
- Develops tangible and ongoing standardisation, simplification and efficiency of engineering processes, reviewing and revising continuous improvement opportunities
- Assures a high quality and comprehensive data flow and manage a team that provides a consumption layer where the business has access to all the data it needs
Skills & Experience
- Deep technical knowledge of complex (and simple) data architectures, covering all aspects (compliance, risk, security) of requirements
- Detailed knowledge of the concepts and principles of data engineering
- Sound awareness of Data Management best practice, including data lifecycle management
- Extensive skills in SQL
- Comfortable working with Python
- Experience of data streaming pipelines (Spark, Kafka etc)
- Can deliver complex big data solutions with structured and unstructured data
If this role sounds of interest, you will get a host of benefits as described below, as well as the opportunity to work in a best-in-class function, delivering advanced technical solutions.
- A target bonus of up to 10%
- Pension contributions
- Share save scheme
- Access to exclusive staff products and savings