Investigo are currently partnered with a global property business looking to hire a financial accountant for their London based finance team.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious accountant to gain experience in a dynamic multi-currency Global business. The role is responsible for all Group reporting requirements and controls on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the EMEA Advisory segment, ensuring company accounting policies, US GAAP and SOX requirements are being met. The role will also support implementation of projects and initiatives across the group in areas such as close cycle improvements.
* Assist countries with monthly actual submissions in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and monitor regional submissions, and ensure reconciliation control between local ERP to HFM is working effectively.
* Conduct Corporate analytical monthly reviews (P&L and Balance Sheet) for EMEA Advisory entities and communicate this effectively to the EMEA Controller, the regional CFO and Global Controllership.
* Leads EMEA below EBITDA analysis and review.
* Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and SOX activities to the Global Controllership team under US GAAP.
* Queries and issue resolution in relation to month end close or accounting and policy compliance.
* Ensure compliance with accounting policies, controls and procedures across EMEA Advisory by carrying out the required central monitoring and review activities to gain comfort over the EMEA Advisory numbers and control environment, such as Balance Sheet reconciliation reviews.
* Ensure intercompany variances are minimal each month, and where issues occur, understand the root cause, disputes, document it and assist with the issue resolution.
* Understand the accounting judgements and estimates being used and ensure these are appropriate and in line with company accounting policies under US GAAP, working together with the Technical accounting team.
* Support the EMEA country and business unit finance functions on technical and reporting matters as they arise.
* Support the drive to review & standardise where appropriate, key accounting policies, ensuring effective deployment & monitoring.
* Identify close cycle improvement opportunities, including process standardisation, and assist in the implementation of these improvements.
* Support system rollouts and initiatives across EMEA in an effort to improve our close cycle and reporting capabilities.
* Ad hoc analysis as required.
* Liaise with tax team to ensure tax postings and tax balances are accurate.
* Liaise with other functional teams, such as legal and treasury, to ensure all transactions are accounted for correctly and any issues are known and escalated appropriately.
* Support internal and external audit requests.
* At least 2 years post qualified experience accountant.
* Accurate and exceptional attention to detail. Methodical in approach.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills to liaise with a range of stakeholders and accurately explain and report activity.
* Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage and prioritise critical deadlines.
* Experienced in group accounting from either an audit or an accounting perspective.
* Specific sector experience not imperative but understanding the complexity and nuances of a global business is preferred.
* Able to make sound decisions when needed and take responsibility for outcomes.
* Proactive and able to work autonomously and pitch in with other teams when required.
* US GAAP and SOX experience favoured.