Investigo are currently partnered with a global business provider of various consulting services with Business Units in approximately 40 countries, reporting via four Regional Finance teams (EMEA, Latin America, North America and Asia Pacific).
We are actively seeking a Group Accountant to join our London based Group Finance team, reporting to the Group Reporting Manager. The Group Finance team is responsible for all aspects of group reporting, including: monthly management reporting and annual statutory reporting.
There are three principal elements to the role:
- Monthly reporting:
- Prepare the People Report using people data provided by HR and our reporting tool, OneStream for issue to global users, senior management and external financial providers. The Group Accountant will become a OneStream 'super-user', gaining the knowledge of the system in order to support front and end users.
- Review and load monthly results received from newly acquired entities into OneStream, during the acquisitions transition period, while they integrate onto our systems.
- Prepare monthly Board commentary to accompany the Flash results (which are prepared by another Group Accountant in the team).
- Intercompany settlement: manage the monthly/ quarterly cash settlement processes by preparing and issuing the data, liaising with BUs and reconciling monthly settlements.
- Group holding companies: preparation of monthly and annual reporting for several group holding companies. This includes the ultimate parent company, in which our senior management 'partners' hold shares. The Group Accountant will work closely with the Group Treasury team to ensure accurate reporting of the group's external bank loans and shareholder debt.
The role will initially be working from home but there may be a requirement to attend the London office two or three days a week once it reopens.
- Preparation of the People Report, based on information provided by HR
- Preparation of the Board commentary issued to the Global Head of Finance
- Assist acquisitions with their reporting
- Preparation of monthly reporting for group holding companies
- Manage monthly intercompany cash settlement process - prepare data, liaise with BUs and reconcile settlements
- Provide OneStream support to BUs
- Other adhoc surveys and analysis as requested
- Accountancy qualification ACCA/ CIMA (newly qualified considered)
- Ability to master accounting system skills quickly and have an inquisitive nature
- Proficient in excel- ability to consolidate and analyse large amounts of data from multiple sources (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables etc)
- Attention to detail, ability to self-check work and take ownership of processes is key
- Process and deadline driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communications skills - will be engaging with remote staff in various business units across the globe
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team