My client, a small fully listed business based in the city is looking for a Group Accounting Consultant to join them for a period of 6-9 months.
The purpose of the role will be to support the Group Finance team, with specific focus on the 2019 Annual Report.
- Recent AR exposure for a PLC
- Stats account preparation and production (40 to 60 pages) of detailed financials. Also involved in the full Annual Report R (~150 pages)
- Experience of handling auditor/actuary/lawyer/banker interface wrt y/end
- Experience of writing/refreshing y/e papers re going concern, asset justification of carrying value/impairment review
- Financial consolidation experience with a group function
- Local UK stats production, between 6 and 25 pages each
- Non-UK stats, review only - several sets
Other work streams, on an ad hoc basis:
- Transfer pricing review/housekeeping
- Interco review/housekeeping etc
- Consol & ERP process improvements
- Accounting policy, controls etc
- Corp tax and Internal audit
- Month end close
- Balance sheet review
Ideal candidates will either be a tried and tested Interim group accountant or Interim GFC who is happy to focus for ~6-month period on the Annual Report process.
- Hands-on approach, with the ability and willingness to roll-up sleeves and really get into the detail of the business.
- Have a problem solving, pragmatic approach to Finance.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and hard-working and will have a positive approach to challenges, thinking creatively to solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail whilst maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues and solutions.
- Relentless commitment to understanding, challenging and improving the financial control environment of the business.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills including efficient delegation.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction Group and remote Finance teams
- Experience of leading Finance teams in multiple Regions
- Qualified accountant with recent experience in a PLC.
- Recent experience of PLC reporting
- Recent experience of working in a team going through an audit process with one of Big 4 firms in the UK
- Experience in implementing and embedding robust financial controls.
- Experience of multi-jurisdiction reporting