Investigo are recruiting a 12-month Group Financial Accountant FTC for a FTSE 250 business, based in central London. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your skills within a progressive business and pro rata annual salary is £70,000-£80,000, commensurate with experience.
- The main purpose of the role is to lead a US GAAP transition project and support the integration of the financial reporting team with acquiring businesses reporting timeline and structure.
- Managing US GAAP transition projects such as the adoption of ASC 842, IFRS-US GAAP conversion, and other transition projects.
- Assisting the Group Financial Reporting team with other ad-hoc projects and requirements from that relate to the integration.
- Supporting the group financial reporting team in reporting into the US Parent including reporting required as part of external reporting at quarter ends and annually.
- The successful candidate will be required to extract relevant information from the group's consolidation system (SAP BPC) to prepare the necessary reports and notes to the accounts, and review the submissions and disclosures to ensure that they are accurate and in line with US GAAP and other reporting requirements.
- Supporting the financial reporting team by preparing, analysing and reviewing monthly reporting packs and analysis documents.
- Helping to maintain and update the group finance manual in line with US GAAP and other requirements.
- Helping to research and draft accounting papers on a variety of subjects including goodwill impairment, discontinued operations and other US GAAP issues for submission to senior group management.
- Manage direct report, including performance appraisal
- Qualified accountant (ACA with good pass record and big 4 training preferred)
- Relevant experience of either auditing or preparing group consolidated accounts under US GAAP and/ or IFRS
- Experience of and interest in researching technical US GAAP and IFRS accounting issues ideally in a listed organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong technical accounting skills with the ability to see the big picture as well as dive into the detail
- Good communication and organisational skills with the ability to build strong relationships with the key people in the regions and other parts of the organisation.
- Resilient and able to chase information from a wide range of colleagues in global and diverse cultures whilst remaining positive and polite
- Strong ability with excel and familiarity with consolidation systems (SAP BPC preferable)
If this role is of interest to you and you would like further information, then please send your CV to Liam Stubbs at Investigo on firstname.lastname@example.org.