Group Reporting Manager - Temp to Perm - Restaurant Group
- This person is responsible for the end-to-end preparation of the Group external financial reporting including: preparation of the Group year end and interim financial statements under both US GAAP and IFRS; day-to-day management of the audit process for the Group and UK statutory financial statements; and to support the Group Finance Reporting Lead in the delivery of technical accounting advice to the Finance function.
- This person needs to be a qualified accountant with the ability to challenge current practices and make recommendations that will continuously improve efficiency; whilst maintaining effective controls and adding true value to the organisation. They will need to be able to communicate well at all levels and work to strict reporting deadlines. The role requires a high appreciation of the importance of finance systems and automation for efficiency, as well as a passion to build an effective function that will support the ongoing growth of the group.
- Responsible for the end-to-end preparation of US GAAP and IFRS Group consolidated financial statements and all UK statutory financial statements in line with all reporting and banking deadlines.
- Responsible for liaising with Group legal team on UK Corporate Governance reporting requirements.
- Responsible for liaising with third-party specialists as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Group Accounting Policy manual by regularly researching financial reporting standard changes covering both US GAAP and IFRS and working with other departments to react to business changes.
- Responsible for intangible and tangible asset impairment reviews under both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Support the Group Reporting Lead in technical accounting areas, including Share Based Payments, accounting for derivatives, non-controlling interests accounting, lease accounting under IFRS 16, etc.
- Provider of ad hoc technical accounting guidance to the Finance function.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the audit relationship with the external auditors, including managing the timetable for the Group and statutory audits, reacting and resolving emerging issues and supporting the Global Transactions Hub as necessary in order to deliver an efficient audit with no over-runs.
Controls and compliance:
- Responsible for the design and operating effectiveness of all Group Finance controls.
- Support Group Finance Reporting Lead in overseeing the UK and internal control environment through review of Finance team input and preparation of control schedules.
- Responsible for the monthly statement of changes in equity and review of the Group consolidated cash flow.
- Support the Group Finance team with the preparation of month end and quarterly Board and bank reporting.
Skills and Experience
- Professionally qualified (ACA / CIMA or equivalent) for at least 5 years
- In depth understanding of, and experience of finance transaction processes; accounting controls; general ledger related entries under IFRS.
- Proven experience in a Group financial reporting role
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong aptitude and experience of IT systems including Oracle.
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong excel skills - quick and efficient at creating reports and manipulating data
- Ability to affect change and continuous improvement