A fast track consumer lead business in Hertfordshire are seeking to recruit a Head of Commercial Finance for a pivotal role in Finance.
The Head of Commercial Finance will help drive future growth, decision making and develop short- and long-term financial planning, whilst also being a hands on and inspirational people manager. The Head of Commercial Finance will be a highly visible role in the business and the individual will be required to have significant experience in providing excellent senior stakeholder engagement and par-take at leading decision making at board level.
Reporting into the Group Financial Director and working closely across the senior finance leadership team, the Head of Commercial Finance will provide commercial insight to the business along with decision support around future investment to maximise profit and minimise risk.
Whilst leading and developing a team your day to day accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and ownership of Budgeting and forecasting
- Providing business partnering to a number of areas including sales, marketing, property and purchasing
- Ongoing development of business KPI's and provision of analysis across various revenue streams to increase profit and minimise risk
- Assisting with investment appraisal to ensure return on investment, oversight of monthly management reporting, overheads and cost management along with commentary and recommendations
- Assisting with the continuous development of the financial planning process and business intelligence tools, supporting and driving commercial finance activities such as investment appraisal and potential M&A activity
- Leading and developing a large team
- Present and lead on ad hoc projects, including being heavily involved in senior leadership meetings across finance but also the wider business
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified with several years post qualified experience and a background in commercial finance
- You will have previous exposure to process improvement as well as a commercial / strategic mindset, able to challenge the status quo and drive positive improvements
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong career momentum, excellent leadership skills and will have the capacity to grow with the business
- You will be a commercially minded qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- You will be hands on and will have the ability to gain the buy in and build strong working relationships across all levels throughout the business