My client is an international organisation who is currently seeking a Head of Data Engineering to join their team on a fully remote basis.
You will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers in designing and delivering a data engineering solution for the business. You will play a key role in helping the data scientist community to leverage datasets effectively, whilst building strong relationships with all parts of the business to define the strategy in line with relevant industry standards. You will have the opportunity to leverage your strategic planning, business analysis and technical knowledge of data engineering.
Head of Data Engineering
Fully Remote (HQ in London)
6 month contract with possibility to extend
£700 - £800 a day (outside IR35)
- You will be responsible for expanding designs and leading teams to continue delivering world-class data infrastructure as the company grows.
- Coaching team members and being responsible for career progression.
- Help support engineers in designing architecture and product decisions.
- Resolving job failures and platform related data quality issues.
- Further develop relationships with key stakeholders and establish Subject Matter Expects within markets to expand expertise.
- Significant experience in data engineering and managing associated technical teams.
- Demonstrable experience of using Cloud solutions to build analytics and data platforms (extensive knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform).
- Familiarity of concepts of design thinking, DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with driving innovation including technology innovations, strategic planning, continuous service improvement, launching new products and services.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact:
+44 7854 574259