As the head of the FCC Review team, you will lead a team of Reviewers conducting onsite visits at the premises of the firm's prospect regulated and high-risk clients. The job will consist of managing the strategy of the team, managing the team from a performance perspective, the enhancement of procedures and reporting to internal stakeholders on a regular basis. In addition, you will be responsible for providing training to enhance the team's knowledge. The role may also require the candidate to conduct Onsite reviews where the prospect client is complex or requires senior attendance.
You will liaise with the team and other internal stakeholders to ensure an efficient, and professional, client onboarding experience, whilst protecting the business from potential financial crime risks. To that extent you will need to observe the regulatory framework of the firm's, the client's local regulatory requirements and the firm's risk appetite.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for advising / recommending to the business whether to proceed with the client relationship or terminate/offboard.
The candidate will be an enthusiastic, driven AML professional with a passion for client experience and strong understanding of AML risks associated with our client base.
- Update and enhance the Onsite Review procedure, ensuring a clearly documented approach to Onsite reviews and key considerations for all types of review
- Build out a knowledge hub for the Onsite review team
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to create an open and inclusive development culture in the team
- Manage the team's workload and prioritise according to the team's availability and the firm's strategy.
- Continue to enhance collaboration across the AML teams ensuring a strong and transparent understanding of the risks associated with our client base through the lifecycle of the Client
- Train, guide and provide feedback to the individual team members on their day-to-day tasks and overall personal and professional goals.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders on enhancements to processes and implementing innovative tooling.
- Review onsite reports and provide advice/feedback to the team where required.
- Arrange regular training for the Onsite Review team and the wider business AML teams in respect of new industries and general AML / CTF considerations for onsite reviews
- Report to Senior Management on the overall status of onsites conducted on a monthly basis.
Minimum university level education.
Experience in managing teams in Financial Crime related topics.
Experience within Financial Services, particularly with the payments industry and/or correspondent banking.
Experience in leading teams and establishing/developing processes.
Strong understanding of regulations in Europe
Financial crime related professional qualifications.
Strong understanding of regulations impacting PSPs, Banks and NBFIs globally
Knowledge of AML risks and controls within Virtual Asset sector