The Head of Finance is the No 1 in finance and will work closely with the Managing Director and Senior management team to improve the all aspects of reporting as well as looking to automate procedures and improve efficiency. The Head of Finance will manage a small team of qualified and part qualifieds to support all aspects of reporting and commercial support.
Responsibilities will include:
- managing, mentoring and developing a small team
- developing a business partnering approach and working closely with operations
- developing a dashboard of metrics and reporting suite to aid decision making and commercial insights
- working with the business to provide greater understanding of products, labour variance, stock and bills of material
- getting under the skin of the business, working in partnership to provide genuine support as opposed to purely report writing
- looking at investment opportunities / "what if" scenario modelling
- improving systems in preparation for a business wider ERP implementation
It is important that you have a strong track record of working within in a manufacturing environment and can demonstrate that you are comfortable getting into the detail but also being able to provide commercial and strategic support to the Managing Director. You will have a track record of driving change and improvements whlst being a qualified accountant.