One of Investigo's leading clients are a PE Backed Technology / E-Comm business based in London and are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to support the CFO.
As the Head of Finance this role will take ownership of the day to day financial operations of the business and lead the finance team to best-in-class performance. You will oversee operational and commercial finance, with a particular focus on embedding a high performance culture, whilst ensuring the processes across the team are robust and scalable to support the wider business' ambitious growth trajectory.
In a business as fast-paced as this, you will need to strike the right balance between enabling and supporting the overarching flexibility and speed of the business strategy, whilst maintaining a robust framework of processes and controls, ensuring that it is also operating safely and managing financial risk.
Reporting to the CFO, you'll be required to understand both the depth of financial processes and the breadth of activities in the broader business, whilst demonstrating the authority and leadership which enable you to deputise for the CFO when required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Leadership of the operational finance team (team of seven with two direct reports - Financial Controller & Commercial Finance Manager) and core monthly processes (management accounting, payroll, VAT, accounts payable & receivable).
- Oversight of technical accounting tax, statutory reporting, group reporting & relationships with external advisors (inc banks, auditors, professional advisers), in collaboration with the Group Finance team.
- Guidance on planning and forecasting, with an ability to see the big picture and guide the Commercial Finance team to translate into operational measures/processes
- Primary point of contact for key internal stakeholders (Senior Leadership Team, Group Finance teams)
- Ad hoc projects supporting the senior leadership team, including some operational finance inputs for other businesses across the group
- Deputise for the CFO
- ACA Qualified with experience working in a dynamic commercial environment, leading a Finance team in its day to day operations & delivering all core financial processes.
- Proven ability to streamline operations; you know what a great financial process looks like, and how to energise a team to get it working smoothly.
- Strong communication, influencing and people skills enjoys collaborating with stakeholders of all levels to achieve objectives, and quick to build strong working relationships
- Experienced at managing diverse sets of stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment; comfortable prioritising multiple & changing work streams
- Proactive & intellectually curious, has strong attention to detail, takes full accountability for tasks and sees things through to the end
- Can work as a 'translator' between Finance and commercial teams, to help the wider business understand the need for financial control, and help Finance understand the need for commerciality
If interested in this role, please feel free to contact Andy Young on 07711373314 or by emailing Andy.Young@investigo.co.uk