Investigo are currently partnered with an International Energy business who are looking to hire a Head of Financial Accounting for their London based Finance team.
Strategize, formulate and direct for accurate and proper execution and record of Revenue and Cost of Revenue, financial derivatives instruments based on business operations, all monthly reporting accorded for each entity. Direct for accuracy of reporting on financial numbers, adherence to the statutory and regulatory requirements, Financial Reporting Standards (FRS), Companies Acts and Income Tax Act.
- Strategize and direct for accuracy and timely completion of overall financial accounting and reports of trade settlements and other activities for all company, as well as adherence to the statutory and regulatory requirements, Group Accounting Policies, International Financial Reporting Standard.
- Advise and Align the maintenance of both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in all entities to ensure proper and accurate data are captured in the accounts and timely ageing report produced with thorough review every month.
- Strategize for smooth and proper conduct and performance of the yearly financial audit exercise to ensure activities carried out are according to the plan. Direct for pre-audit work to be done in a comprehensive manner so that audit is completed within stipulated timeframe. Formulate overall audit process until completion and review board paper for presentation to the Management.
- Advise and align the overall process to adopt relevant accounting standards through assessment of the implications of terms of recognition, measurement and disclosure of any revision or new Financial Reporting Standard in order to ensure compliance to Group Accounting Guidelines, FRS and relevant statutory requirements.
- Strategize and influence for updated and in place of financial policies, guidelines, framework for all entities
- Control and advise the enhancement and execution of Limits of Authority across entities in order to ensure consistency of practices throughout entities
- Align all testing for Financial Control Framework twice yearly for reporting accordingly and to ensure that the effectiveness of testing are relevant and updates based on changes in business, enhancement in practices or system.
- Control the safekeeping and update of Document Management System for easy and organised reference in the Company.
- Ensure compliance to business processes and procedures at all times.
- Advise on any enhancement on system and control of respective entities, to play an active role in looking into the effectiveness of the system and to be among the focal for Digitalization for Finance.
- Execute any changes in cost centre structure and GL account management due to any new requirement.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a substantial amount of post qualified experience
- Team management experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to interact with Executive level