A great opportunity for a Head of Financial Accounting has become available in a FTSE listed business. A chance to join a dynamic business that has gone from strength to strength over the years and are looking to continue this growth. As the Head of Financial Accounting you will have your every day duties, listed below, but also get involved in ad hoc projects to add value to the way the business operates.
- Managing a team of 15, to lead the financial accounting and transactional teams.
- Identify and implement improvements in accounting systems and processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting and support in delivering statutory accounts.
- Co-ordinate the timely and accurate completion and submission of VAT returns.
- Provide support to the team in accounting for acquisitions and disposals
- Keep up-to-date with accounting standards and ensure accounting procedures and policies are updated accordingly
- Assist with reports to joint venture partners.
- Support throughout the budget preparation and reporting cycles
- Ensure key financial controls are operating effectively and report monthly
- Work with key stakeholders in projects to enhance reporting, reduce financial risk and improve efficiency, taking a lead role where necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third parties.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant either ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- 5 year + PQE
- In-depth knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in the preparation of subsidiary and management accounts