A well regarded bank with a global footprint, is seeking an experienced and pre-registered SMF16 and 17 to come in and head their financial crime and compliance function in London.
In this role, you will be part of small team, so you will be expected to do a lot of day to day such as KYC, risk assessments, monitoring etc so this role will suit someone who is happy to do this side also.
In this role you would:
- Run the UK Branch financial crime and compliance (FCC) and internal controls functions.
- Review and approve/challenge any new accounts in terms of CDD and KYC information.
- Maintain FCC policies and procedures in accordance with UK regulatory requirements and Group
- policies and corporate governance guidelines.
- Identify, assess, and manage FCC risks across business activities for the UK Branch.
- Manage the UK Branch's Compliance Monitoring Program and ensure controls are monitored for FCC.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant rules and regulations.
- Perform the Money Laundering Reporting Office role for the Branch and the Nominated Officer
- responsibilities in the UK.
- Appraise the performance of the Branch's staff and assess whether each individual is fit and proper.
- Manage effective due diligence and monitoring program to third parties and vendors.
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Prepare FCC reports for the Group Chief Compliance Officer.
- Undertake monthly Horizon scanning - to ensure that all new regulatory developments that will impact
- the business operation are identified.
Minimum profile requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in a previously relevant role
- pre-registered SMF16 / 17
- Current right to work in the UK
To learn more about this job, please contact email@example.com