This is an amazing opportunity to join a world-leading FTSE-listed manufacturing business. As the Head of Group FP&A, you will work alongside the Head of Group Reporting and the Group consolidation manager. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for preparing and delivering accurate and timely key internal management information.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business environment and key performance drivers.
- Provide analysis, interpretation and insight into financial results, highlighting risks and opportunities, and offering conclusions and commentary.
- Drive the Group's budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes - setting timetables, drafting templates and (for strategic planning) consolidating the returns and drafting Board presentations.
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller, CFO and CEO during the half-year and year-end statutory process, assisting with data gathering, data analysis and drafting external presentations.
- Manage the Group capital expenditure authorisation process, reviewing and challenging investment cases.
- Provide challenge and support for strategic projects.
- Support other senior management with data requests.
- Undertake high-profile ad hoc project work where required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CIMA trained or Big 4 ACA.
- UK PLC FP&A experience.
- Track record of making improvements to systems, and processes and implementing appropriate controls.
- Experience working in a manufacturing business is highly desirable.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel and numerical skills.
- Ability to build financial models.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with limited support and day-to-day supervision.
- Highly developed stakeholder management and communication skills; capable of influencing and persuading people at all levels of the organisation.
- Building an effective relationship with both senior finance management in the business and the rest of the Group finance team will be critical.
- Strong intellect: able to identify key issues - suitable rigour to ensure integrity and accuracy of data and analysis but also able to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to think through complex issues and make recommendations.
- High energy and resilience in achieving goals and targets.