An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Group Reporting based in Watford. This role reports to the Group Head of Financial Reporting and will be responsible for the overall statutory reporting.
What the role is:
As the Head of Group Reporting you will join a growing FTSE 250 reporting team at a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure.
A candidate is sought to lead a team to execute all Group Reporting activities including preparation of the monthly consolidation and Board reporting routines and the Interim and Annual Report and Accounts whilst bringing a depth of technical accounting knowledge to assist the wider Finance function.
This is a stimulating role for an experienced finance professional to gain a breadth of exposure within the reporting function of a growing FTSE 250 company. Whilst reporting directly to the Group Head of Financial Reporting, the flat structure of the wider finance function and the nature of the role mean that the individual will have direct access to, and work alongside with, the Group CFO and Audit Committee with regular exposure to other senior management including the Group CEO.
Where you'll fit in:
- Assuming the duties of the lead Group Reporting manager and technical accounting specialist in the combined Group Reporting & Company Secretariat department you will use your knowledge and experience to improve the overall reporting frameworks that the Group Reporting team that you lead contributes to whilst ensuring the business as usual running of the department continues.
- You will work to build relationships across the wider finance function and throughout the international operations of the Group ensuring a supportive Group Reporting presence and providing technical accounting leadership across the Group.
- You self-starting nature and organisational abilities will improve the service to the Board and the Audit Committee.
The Ideal Candidate
What you'll know / do:
- A strong academic background with 5 years plus post qualification experience, likely ACA, ideally with senior level Big Four audit background.
- Have a similar role in a smaller organisation or be a deputy to the Group Head of Reporting in a listed plc with a comprehensive understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS101) including FTSE reporting experience.
- Experience of Group reporting environments and exposure to the Audit Committee.
- Significant multi-currency consolidation experience in a complex organisation to enable production of the full monthly Group consolidation.
- All statutory reporting, including leading the "back section" of the Annual and Interim Report and Accounts.
- The production of Group reporting packs to the Board.
- Experience of accounting for acquisitions, goodwill, and acquired intangible assets would be beneficial
- Writing technical audit papers and presenting these to the Audit Committee.
- Assisting the Group CFO directly on ad hoc projects, including acquisitions, disposals and IT projects across the Finance function.
- Working closely with Group Finance Operations on the adoption and implementation of accounting standards.
- Preparation of UK statutory accounts.
- Maintaining the Group accounting policies and developing the Group accounting handbook.
- Strong IT skills, including exposure to SAP, data warehouse reporting systems and Adaptive Insights.
- Broad understanding of plc governance requirements.
- Strong financial modelling skills would be desirable.