Investigo are partnering a FTSE listed company in Surrey, to recruit a high profile Head of Group Reporting. This role is an outstanding opportunity for an ACA Qualified with extensive experience within a Group reporting role within a large complex business.
As Head of Group Reporting, you will report to the Director of Group and manage a team of Group accountants, supporting the preparation and delivery of the Group's internal and external financial reporting.
This role will provide you with the ability to develop your skills and experience as a manager and coach and mentor others in their career within the wider group. The high profile nature of the role will enable you to work with key senior stakeholders across the business and gain a broad understanding of the Group Finance function in a complex listed plc environment.
- Managing the preparation of the Group's half-year and full-year published consolidated statutory accounts, including liaison with the Group's external auditors;
- Managing the preparation of the Group's monthly consolidated management accounts, including preparation and review of financial information and commentaries for inclusion in the monthly Chief Executive's Report;
- Project managing the preparation of the statutory accounts for the Group's UK subsidiaries under FRS 101;
- Ensuring compliance with the latest developments in IFRS and company law, and be a primary contact for technical accounting queries from across the Group;
- Maintaining a focus on strong internal controls and develop further the Group Reporting department's processes to ensure consistent compliance with best practice;
- Managing and develop a team of accountants, including involvement in recruitment activities; and
- Managing ad hoc finance-based project work, including the reporting of business acquisitions and disposals
Skills and Quals:
- Chartered Accountant with extensive relevant post-qualification experience
- Proven experience in a similar group reporting manager position for similar size organisation or have worked in a similar role looking to develop into a managerial position
- Experience of complex, multi-currency consolidations and listed group reporting
- Deep technical knowledge of IFRS and FRS 101