Global biopharmaceutical company with a focus on rare diseases.
Greater San Francisco area - Relocation will be required.
Head of Oligonucleotide Biology
As part of the R&D group, the Head of Oligonucleotide Biology will work collaboratively to identify target sequences for modulating the expression of high value targets. Responsibilities include:
- Combine expertise in the biology of RNA structure, function and metabolism with working knowledge of commonly deployed oligonucleotide chemistries to design sequence identification strategies and screening cascades for hit to lead discovery.
- Oversee internal and/or externalized efforts to optimize hit compound sequence/chemistry to minimize toxicity signals, increase potency and improve bio distribution.
- Develop and maintain cell culture assays for screening oligonucleotide and RNA therapeutics for various disease indications and to establish molecular basis of mechanisms of diseases.
- Build and lead a team of scientists and research associates to support this oligonucleotide discoveries in a large group focused on genetic medicines.
- PhD in a relevant, scientific field with a minimum 12+ years of overall industry experience and at least 6 years in oligonucleotide biology.
- Thorough knowledge of working with DNA and RNA oligonucleotides, antisense and siRNA screening.
- Pertinent experience of handling, growing and maintaining cell lines and developing cell culture assays.
- Experience in gene expression analysis using RT-PCR and other related techniques, and protein expression analysis by ELISA, FACS, Western blots.
- Experience working with primary cells from animals and humans.
- Hands on experience running in vivo studies and directly dealing with CROs. Experience in designing and writing in vivo study protocols, engaging CROs, data analysis, including statistical analysis, and interpretation.
- Experience working with innate immune receptor modulators in vitro and in vivo.
- Proven track record in identification and early development of oligonucleotide therapeutics.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be considered for this position, apply on-line now for immediate consideration and to be contact with further details.