Head of Software Engineering (SaaS SME)
Location: West Midlands with hybrid working model, the successful candidate should expect to spend 2 days p/w in Stratford-upon-Avon
Salary & Benefits: to £100,000 p/a plus a range of benefits inc. share options (high value anticipated over next 2-3 years, c. £50k-100k), hybrid working model, holidays, great pension, bonus, share options and a variety of local benefits in and around West Midlands
Investigo have been engaged on a retained search to hire a Head of Software Engineering for a fast paced, high growth software house who have significant growth plans over the next 3 years. You'll join a business who are experiencing success after success and lead a team who will be critical to the growth of an evolving platform and how their 0000's of customers interact within it. This is a business who are a real SME in their space and you won't become a number within a huge cog but an integral part of the software engineering team and lead a technically talented group.
In the role you will forge a path of technical excellence, whilst contributing to the longer strategic direction in partnership with VP of Engineering and your peers in Product, QA and PMO. You will be the lynchpin that will drive plan, execute a strong delivery culture who are continually looking to innovate; you will involve yourself much less in committing code but still immerse yourself with the bigger picture technology direction for a real high growth SME growing at a rate of knots. You lead circa 6-8 direct reports and the wider software engineering team of circa 30-40 people, still with more room to grow out several sub teams The teams in this group focus on software engineering activities underpinning key platform concerns, often supporting other engineering teams.
Key accountabilities in this role over the coming 12 months include:
- The delivery and continued innovation of market leading software platform to implement new product capabilities that support multiple customers across the world.
- Commitment to long term application scalability, reliability and security.
- Driving efficiencies across engineering activities and encouraging new ideas from the wider team by monitoring and adopting industry trends, best practice, and tools.
- Delivering more automation.
What are we looking for:
- A technical but influential leader, with the ability to be adaptable, and able to work in a fast paced SME
- A hands-on background and recent experience working in a software engineering leadership role, preferably at venture backed, high-growth or fast scale up SaaS organisations
- Extensive experience leading software engineering principles both as a leader and hands-on, working on complex tech products/projects, and an excellent depth of technical understanding
- An excellent online presence on LinkedIn, and other social channels such as Blogs, Twitter, GitHub, etc
- Any experience contributing to the overall offering of an XaaS product at a strategic level would be hugely beneficial, as would the ability to work between the lines of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Whilst remote working is used across the business, they have adopted a hybrid working model since pre-pandemic and are continuing this moving forward; the successful candidate should expect to spend 2 days a week in Stratford-upon-Avon. In return you will receive a salary up to £100,000 p/a plus a range of benefits inc. share options (high value anticipated over next 2-3 years, c. £50-100k), hybrid working model, holidays, great pension, bonus, share options and a variety of local benefits in and around West Midlands.
Please either apply by clicking online or emailing me directly to email@example.com if you need any further information feel free to contact me on 07972 132341; I can make myself available outside of normal working hours to suit you.