Talent Acquisition Team Lead - Contract (Inside IR35) to Permanent
Remote, then London (with blended remote / office working)
£50-60k + 10% bonus
Our client helps specialist markets to innovate and grow by enabling businesses to connect with customers, learn and trade, organising large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events.
They are looking for an individual to join the business in a permanent capacity due to the exciting anticipated increase in workload. Down to the urgency of the opening, the chosen individual would be brought on in an interim capacity to allow this person to start whilst they sort this all out. For transparency, this could be 1-3 months looking at worst case scenario.
The role will involve looking after one direct report, possibly two, however line management experience is not necessarily a pre-requisite.
As the Talent Acquisition Team Leader for the UK and continental Europe, the key areas of focus are:
- Drive the strategy that provides a best-in-class candidate and hiring manager experience using an agile and continuous process improvement approach. This includes during the pre-hire, post offer and onboarding phases.
- Champion diversity with an unbiased and progressive approach in our recruitment practices through continuous learning, teachings, and communication to actively progress our diversity in people and thinking.
- Support the client's overall digital and data commercial transformation strategy by collaborating with senior leadership on driving internal and cross divisional synergies, with a focus on helping to define and regularly calibrate identified talent profiles.
Team Leadership & Representative
- Lead, coach, and develop by fostering a collaborative team environment that balances the strengths of individuals, allocating responsibilities and priorities as appropriate, setting targets, and measuring performance that includes providing regular, meaningful feedback. Promoting workplace diversity, inclusion, wellbeing and work/life balance will be a key component of this role.
- Represent regional interests and promote solutions on behalf of the client during divisional and Group-wide projects.
- Act as a product ambassador for the company's applicant tracking system, Smart Recruiters, collate feedback and suggest process & product improvements to provide a world class candidate and hiring manager experience.
Key Stakeholder Relationships
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partnering Team and the Reward Team to share market trend knowledge and develop cross-functional strategies to attract and retain talent through competitive compensation packages and offers.
- Coordinate with local HR support service teams to ensure proper candidate onboarding and manager handoff.
- Work collaboratively with the HR community to ensure we are attracting candidates from diverse backgrounds and in alignment with our DI&B policies.
You will have experience of direct inhouse recruiting and leading a team - what we're after is an organized, passionate, emotionally intelligent, focused and gregarious, proactive hunter of talent who can work in an often times ambiguous, complex, fast-moving environment and engage even the most passive talent. Experience in the (digital) media sector, or with data-driven companies is preferable. You will also want to ensure you have the following…
- Previous end-to-end lifecycle recruitment experience without a heavy reliance on agencies or other third-party providers such as RPO services. Prior success as a self-starter is a must.
- Recent experience managing a team of talent acquisition professionals.
- Effectively led, coached, developed, and empowered others in a collaborative team environment.
- Share your success with recruiting for a broad range of roles simultaneously.
- You have a natural ability to sell opportunity and influence tactfully and thoughtfully.
- You are entrepreneurial and love autonomy for yourself and your team. We won't be measuring call times or how much time you spend at your desk, but your personal work ethic and tenacity always gets exceptional results.
- You don't hesitate to change things up if you spot something isn't working and prefer to work more agile as opposed to a rigid, structured environment.
- You have a consultative nature and are comfortable engaging with hiring managers and leadership at all levels of the business. Experience with advising stakeholders through talent transformation, especially related to digital or data focused roles, is preferable.
- You proactively seek opportunities to create helpful resources, mentor and provide guidance on processes, appropriate interview techniques and questions when partnering with hiring managers and others involved in the hiring process.
- You have an organized and structured approach with your day to day activities to ensure expectations and deadlines are met and you prefer overseeing and managing your own calendar, scheduling and logistics of interviews.
- You will be an excellent communicator both internally and externally - you can craft brilliant e-mails and hold beautifully engaging discussions.
- You have an eye for detail, nothing gets past you.
- You care about the experience of your customers (both candidate and hiring manager) and understand what can make the process painful and proactively seek solutions for those when possible.
- You are energetic and able to harness your energy to inspire and influence others, your passion for connecting the right talent with the right opportunity is palpable.
- You will jump in and help your team, fellow HR colleagues, or other areas of the business without thinking twice