An experienced Infrastructure Engineer is required for a top tier insurance company. Strong Virtualisation experience is required for this role using VMWare, Citrix XenApp and NetScaler, alongside Microsoft technologies.
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring operating environments.
- Responding effectively and speedily to any incident or problem.
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Updating any software and hardware where necessary.
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response
- Attend Project team meetings and feedback on architecture and design progress, product updates and road maps
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organisation's current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
Essential for the role:
- Proven experience in an Infrastructure Engineering role
- Experience with current infrastructure trends
- Experience working with NetBackup storage
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Strong Virtualisation experience using VMWare, Citrix XenApp and NetScaler
- Microsoft technologies
- Cloud technologies