My client is currently looking for an Infrastructure Services Manager to be responsible for the end-to-end planning, designing, building, transitioning, and operating all aspects of their Infrastructure for the European Region.
My client is looking for a minimum of five years of experience in IT, preferably in Infrastructure utilising an outsourced model. Proven experience working with Technology vendors and Managed Service Providers and other vendor partners. Any Infrastructure and vendor management certifications would be preferred, and experience of Public Cloud technology and operations is essential. Strong understanding of risk management and governance framework and how the role fits into it. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to interact effectively with clients, systems staff, consultants, and vendors.
This will involve working with the local technology and business stakeholders to support the infrastructure needs of the business, as well as managing the delivery of these business requirements via MSPs.
The role will act as a key point of contact for infrastructure governance, change management and service delivery for the European organisation. Acting as the key point of contact for infrastructure vendors and building and maintaining strong relationships and measuring / monitoring vendor performance to drive continuous improvement.
The role is based in the UK (London) with limited travel to other locations in the UK and Europe, where required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Good knowledge of Distributed systems, Mainframes, Storage, Database, Middleware, Converged Infrastructure and Cloud.
- Proven track record of developing and executing technology strategies and programs, and a passion for new and emerging technologies, migrating legacy technologies to more modern technologies (Hyperconverged platforms, Cloud migration, SDDC and AI Ops).
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach, exercising professional judgement, making decisions and assuming responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, costs, and the delivery of services.
- Previous experience managing vendor partners with a proven track record of building, developing, and managing service delivery and support teams.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and accountability while achieving desired outcomes, identifying, and resolving issues within the scope of responsibility.
- Detail-orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to effectively plan and direct multiple projects and project teams.
- Ability to act as a thought leader in researching and presenting innovative ways to solve complex infrastructure related issues, including working with IT Managed Service Providers and other vendor partners with root cause analysis, SLA adherence and outcome-based results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Oversees Infrastructure support services, including all day-to-day management and support of activities related to Operations, Engineering and Service Management.
- Provide a level of technical expertise and consultation at various management levels across the organisation.
- Works with contracted MSP(s) and other vendor partners supporting the technology estate to ensure reliable, cost effective and optimised business operations and support. Ensuring services meet their SLA targets and the expectations of the business.
- Lead and support the optimisation and consolidation of technologies, services, and suppliers on a regional and global basis as appropriate.
- Ensures effective governance, administration of, and compliance with, all applicable processes, procedures and controls related to Technology infrastructure.
- Co-develops and manages service level agreements for providers that are contracted to provide support to my client and ensures that IT services and support meet changing business needs.
- Oversees project management for major projects related to technology infrastructure including engineering, planning and implementation.
- Proactively liaises with business stakeholders and service to facilitate the implementation of new or improved services.
- Measures and monitors vendor performance and constantly reviews outcomes to determine how to improve.
- Continuously drives better results at lower costs and co-develops capabilities with vendors for the purposes of reducing costs, improving processes, and innovating services.
- Escalation points for infrastructure related issues.
- Drives a Continues Improvement culture within the Technology team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience..
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to interact effectively with clients, systems staff, consultants, and vendors.