A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Internal Audit Manager to join the ranks of a fast track FTSE business in Hertfordshire.
Our client, a recognisable brand with an International footprint and an ever increasing UK presence are currently seeking an Internal Audit Manager who will be responsible for providing an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal controls in financial, information systems and other business and operational areas across their UK network. Highly entrepreneurial, the company are performing strongly in a challenging market and are looking to drastically increase the size of the department over the next 12 months. The position of Internal Audit manager is a key hire to bolster the IA team and help drive business insight, controls and support to the divisions.
This role is responsible for:
- To plan, carry out and on occasion lead risk driven assignments on a functional or business unit basis under the guidance of a Head of Audit. The plan should ensure clear objectives and scope are agreed prior to commencement of the audit.
- To discuss findings with management responsible focusing particularly on areas of business risk, control weakness and operational efficiency enhancements.
- To prepare and agree summary reports of findings and recommendations.
- To undertake follow up of significant recommendations to ascertain whether improvement actions have been implemented.
- To be involved in business projects or ad hoc assignments, contributing risk and control expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
- Keep up to date with business developments
The skills and experience:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent with some post qualified experience gained within practice or in an Internal Audit capacity
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience within FMCG or Retail would be desirable
- Confident at challenging decisions at a senior management level