A fantastic opportunity is available for an Internal Audit Manager to be a pivotal member of the large Finance team.
My client is a FTSE15 business with a main focus of FMCG who are looking for an Internal Audit Assistant Manager, who will be responsible for undertaking assignments spanning EMEA providing an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal controls in financial, information systems and other business and operational areas. They are a growing retail consumer business with over 20,000 employees and counting.
This role is responsible for:
- To plan, carry out and on occasion lead risk driven assignments on a functional or business unit basis under the guidance of a Head of Audit. The plan should ensure clear objectives and scope are agreed prior to commencement of the audit.
- To discuss findings with management responsible focusing particularly on areas of business risk, control weakness and operational efficiency enhancements.
- To prepare and agree summary reports of findings and recommendations.
- To undertake follow up of significant recommendations to ascertain whether improvement actions have been implemented.
- To be involved in business projects or ad hoc assignments, contributing risk and control expertise together with analytical and investigative skills.
- Keep up to date with business developments
The skills and experience:
- Qualified up to 5 years post qualified experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Audit experience in a large accounting practice
- Previous experience within FMCG or Retail
- Confident at challenging decisions at a senior management level