INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
LONDON BASED WITH FLEXIBLE WORKING
I am delighted to be working with a London based not-for-profit on an exclusive basis to help them to secure this important hire. After working closely with the People Director on numerous vacancies in their last role, they have assigned me again to find them the best talent in the market for their organisation.
In a nutshell the purpose of this role is to work closely with the CEO, the Executive Leadership Team, other managers and leaders, P&OD, Policy and Communications, our Staff Forum and anyone else who has a message to relay across the organisation.
You will be the lead person for developing, implementing, and evaluating our new internal communications strategy as part of our continued growth and development in services and the investment in our people. This is a stand-alone post, however you are part of the P&OD team and will have strong links with our external Policy and Communications team in particular.
This role is part of the People and Organisational Development team as everything we do impacts on the staff. To be fully supportive and inclusive we need to truly engage and motivate staff through delivering effective, concise, clear and engaging communications.
You will use your experience in internal communications to guide and support a wide range of key stakeholders in how to connect and engage staff with the overall strategy 2021-24 and our individual Business Plans.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate an internal communications strategy/annual plan in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop diverse communication channels that maximise the use of digital platforms and make connecting across a multiple site organisation easy for all to access.
- Working closely with the IT Manager and the Policy and Communications team, lead on the implementation and development of an intranet capability that brings together our diverse services and connects people in an inspiring and digital way.
- Working with individual content editors across different parts of the organisation, be responsible for the ongoing management of regular updates using the Sharepoint content management system and keeping content up to date and relevant.
- Source, write and edit engaging and relevant content as part of our internal campaigns and communications that can be applied to a variety of internal channels including our developing intranet, newsletters and other communications platforms.
- Organise and support the running of the regular staff meetings as a core internal events where relevant and up to date information is shared.
- Lead on other business as usual internal communication for key stakeholders so that staff are connected with our mission, purpose, values and Strategic Plan 2021-24.
- Manage the internal communication response to crisis situations which may impact on organisational perception or reputation.
- Support the development of employee engagement digital initiatives that promote the health and wellbeing of our staff, embraces diversity and inclusion whilst utilising new platforms for communicating.
- Work closely with the Learning and Organisational Development
- Manager, implement ways to measure employee engagement and information sharing, interpreting internal communications data.
- Support the HR Manager to shape our employer brand and attraction strategies.
- Keep up to date with developments and trends within the internal communication and engagement field on how to increase employee engagement, credibility and trust.
- As part of the People and OD team, support a digital and easy to access on-boarding approach for new staff and quickly connects them with the organisation's purpose, mission and values.
- Support the development of the recently formed internal staff Forum to create a close connection between management and staff and foster an inclusive, consultative, open and trusted working environment.
- Support our approach to wellbeing, creating a healthy and engaged workforce.
- Educated to degree level in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing or has equivalent years of experience that would demonstrate highly effective technical knowledge within the field of expertise of internal communications.
- Operated within internal communications, preferably as a manager or a standalone post, in a similar environment in terms of a growing organisation and across multiple sites and ways of working.
- Successfully worked with a wide range of stakeholders of all different levels and disciplines.
- Has a success track record of delivering creative and engaging communications across organisations that have improved the connectivity of employees to the overall strategy, purpose and mission.
- Introduced an internal intranet platform successfully.
- Developed positive relationships with external partner agencies such as PR providers.
- Significant experience of using social media with an interest in emerging trend lines in the field of employee engagement.
- Comfortable and effective at delivering presentations to a wide range of audiences including large and small audiences.
- Created close working relationships with key stakeholders and appropriately challenged individual behaviour or ways of working.
- Represented internal communications as part of the wider business development.
Interviews are likely to happen Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th July.