Internal Controls Manager
12 Month FTC
Investigo are supporting this global FMCG business with the recruitment of an Internal Controls Manager to work on a 12 month fixed term contract. The business has been resilient during 2020 and is entering 2021 with huge strategic plans. This role has fantastic exposure to key business stake holders to understand the key changes planned and the impact this would have on financial reporting.
Reporting to the Internal Controls Manager, you will be evaluating and assessing the impact of the change within the operational and financial areas. Due to the nature of the role, we do require someone who has extensive SOX experience.
- Support the business in designing effective controls to mitigate risks emerging from the business change and ensuring that all new / changed processes are adequately documented and/or existing narratives are updated accordingly.
- Liaise with the Information Security Team to ensure that IT General Controls are effectively designed in all new and/or changed systems where appropriate.
- Ensure that the risks and controls relating to projects/business processes undergoing change are appropriately aligned to the Framework and signed off by the Business/Process Owner and Director of Financial Control and Transformation prior to implementation.
- Liaise with the Operational Audit and/or Internal Control Manager to ensure that controls and risks relating to completed projects or new processes are included in the BAU control monitoring programme.
- Provide regular update to line management on projects/new processes in development and contributing to the monthly Control Steering Group (CSG) to inform and challenge key stakeholders in control issues relating to business change and transformation projects.