A public sector client is looking for an IT Business Partner to to stimulate, surface and shape business demand for ICT services ensuring the potential business value can be realised for new services and optimised for the current services being utilised.
Salary: Up to £47,058
The primary purpose of the role is the ability to have a perspective that is business focused but understands the constraints and opportunities of the current and future IT estate.
The role will lead as the strategic interface between Digital Services and the business. Acting as business partner, to stimulate, surface and shape business demand for ICT services ensuring the potential business value can be realised for new services and optimised for the current services being utilised.
1. Working in collaboration with the Capability Owners and business units to ensure relationships are formulated and matured in accordance with the Business Relationship Maturity Models.
2. To be the point of contact for Digital Services and act as the interface between Business Units, Architecture, Delivery and Operations teams to closer align Demand and Supply for ICT services.
3. To proactively work with Capability Owners from the Business and the Architecture team to identify and develop roadmaps for technology services or solutions that can be deployed to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
4. To support business stakeholders in documenting; problem statements, key requirements, outcomes statements, and business benefits cases that consider ICT architecture and total cost of ownership to support business portfolio and change planning and acceptance practises.
5. To work with the Performance team ensuring obligations under OLA/SLA are achieved to input to formal performance reviews with the Business Units and Capability Owners, analysing and understanding business processes, use and need for ICT services that enable the business to achieve its goals.
6. To ensure that the Business are ready to accept new ICT services needed and that benefits are being realised.
7. To represent and promote the reputation of Digital Services and Business Services Directorate at meetings and groups both internally and externally, including the development of appropriate and constructive relationships with relevant organisations.
8. To develop, implement and maintain your personal portfolio and competencies, as per the BRMI Framework.
9. To delegate for the Business Engagement Manager as required.
10. To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post.