Investigo's major client based in Bristol is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to help our client with the migration of a data centre between their sites. You must either hold SC Clearance or be able to go through the process of being SC cleared.
- Designing, developing, implementing, and managing infrastructure.
- Ensuring the security, availability, performance, scalability, and automation of our infrastructure
- Ensuring reliable and ongoing measurement and monitoring of our infrastructure.
- Maintaining and enhancing build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and continuous delivery of changes to improve quality and availability of our infrastructure.
- Providing 3rd line technical support for hardware and applications
- Act as an escalation point for difficult or complex incidents.
- Disaster Recovery and Backup - systems implementation, processes, documentation, and testing
- Ensure that IT continuity plans, technology and tools safeguard data integrity, security and access.
- Service Asset and configuration management
- Subject matter expert for all aspects of Microsoft Windows client, mobile device, and software deployment
- Previous experience in data centre migration and office moves is a must.
- Subject matter expert for all aspects of Microsoft Office 365
- Strong skills in some or all Microsoft Server operating systems
- Strong skills in one or more Microsoft core applications, ideally including Exchange Server / SharePoint/SQL Server / System Centre Configuration Manager / Windows Desktop Deployment
- Strong skills supporting Microsoft AD, DNS and Remote Desktop Services
- Good skills in VMware virtualization technologies
- Good Windows scripting skills
- Good general networking skills with particular emphasis on remote access & wireless networking
- Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional Qualifications
- 3+ Years' experience in a 2nd or 3rd line infrastructure role
- IT Related honours degree or equivalent industry recognised qualification
- IT Framework qualification e.g. ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation