An exciting IT Infrastructure Manager role working for a global business with a family heritage that has been established for over 120 years. The company supplies over 5000 products both directly to consumer via web and stores as well as through third party retailers. They are seeking an IT Infrastructure Manager to be responsible for maintaining their existing IT infrastructure, designing and implementing new infrastructure as well as supervising a 1st Line Technician.
You will have experience in dealing with 3rd party suppliers and great senior stakeholder management, as well as have a solid understanding of Microsoft infrastructure technologies, networking infrastructure, systems security and system integration
- To lead and manage the IT infrastructure and helpdesk activities effectively, optimising the performance and availability of the infrastructure (network, hardware, software, storage) and prioritising business needs to provide appropriate IT support.
- To ensure that these services run uninterrupted and in accordance with company policy, SLAs, and relevant regulations (including GDPR, AEO and PCI).
- To ensure that the IT services are secure, implementing and maintaining security controls for all IT systems (e.g.: Firewalls, Anti-Virus, regular patching, ransomware protection)
- To supervise and direct the IT Support technicians' work, taking a hands-on approach and providing 1st - 3rd line support as appropriate to resolve issues across the sites and supporting overseas staff (in USA, Australia, China) as required.
- To manage and maintain the company's IT assets, including software requirements, licence compliance, and tracking mobile phone contracts against budget.
- To design, plan and implement new hardware and software infrastructure projects to optimise performance, availability, and supportability.
- To work with third party service providers to ensure externally hosted IT infrastructure is optimally deployed, resilient, and cost-effective.
- To apply best practice at all times, documenting, and testing changes thoroughly before any implementation.
- To work with the wider IT team and other department heads providing IT infrastructure input and support to deliver business critical projects.
The appointed candidate will be an experienced IT Infrastructure professional with previous experience of working in a lead or management role. You'll have technical capability as well as the ability to work with stakeholders up to board level. Strong third party management skills will be key due to strategic outsourced relationships you'll need to manage. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is continuing to evolve and make an impact within IT Infrastructure.
There is some on-call rota cover required. Hybrid working based in Leeds