IT PMO Lead / Manager
Derby based (Remote initially)
£650+, until December 2020 initially
NB. No PSCs / Limited Company contractors will be considered for this position
Working as part of the current Vantage Programme, which is looking to outsource specific workstream functions onto a third-party supplier (yet to be determined) and standardise and stream line current processes across the business.
The IT PMO Lead will have overall responsibility for the project planning, delivery and governance of the IT programme. They will work with the key IT enablement leads to ensure control of scope, schedule, budget and quality. They will be the primary interface with the Outsource Providers PMO office and ensure interdependencies, risks and issues are defined and managed collaboratively. Finally, they will own stakeholder management activity for the IT programme.
The IT PMO Lead position will report directly into the Vantage Enabling IT Lead for the programme.
- Significant experience in the management of projects and/or programmes of increasing complexity and global reach > £10Mil
- Programme Management, Project Planning & Control, Project Risk Management, & Budgetary control as a core competence
- Ability to dealing with ambiguity and learn on the fly
- Ability to manage through systems & execute strategy
- Strong experience in managing key stakeholders
- Experience in similar business transformation / IT / ERP programmes preferred
- Ability to lead engagement with outsourcing partner suppliers
- Highly experienced PMO Lead who has managed PMO on large scale complex programmes.
- GBS (Global Business Services) / Shared Services experience - industry specific is not essential.
- Extensive experience with managing outsource providers / Managing offshore outsourcing previously.
- Experience with either working at/ working with consultancies /solution providers such as Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, Cap Gemini, DXC, Infosys etc.
- 10+ years' experience in role as a PMO Lead
Not Looking for -
- Someone who has been in a number of short-term contract assignments as this doesn't prove their ability to see through a project unless demonstrated otherwise. Must be in role for 12 months or more - if we are able to demonstrate candidates that have been extended or returned to a business then this would be a strong plus.
Would not be interested in someone who has mainly worked within the public sector as they won't have the key experience required for this role.
- Providing program structure, detailed plans and all governance, including Outsourced Service Provider engagement, programme stakeholders, customers, senior steering groups and site steering groups
- Controlling overall project budget, develop & maintain project scope, deliverables and change control processes
- Ensuring all PMO & IT quality review gates are met (with support from IT PM)
- Ensure clear ownership, maintenance and reporting of plans and KPI's in place
- Establish and lead the Risk and Issue Management process
- Establish and lead dependency management process
- Ensure Standard project management tools and principles are used throughout ensuring integration with the overall Vantage and GBS PMOs
- Manage up to 5 direct PMO reports.
Key Internal Stakeholders to include - Sub-Programme Leads, IT Programme Managers, Vantage PMO, Programme Director, Service Line SMEs.
Key External Stakeholders to include - OSP PMO / Project Management Professionals, GBS PMO, IT SMEs