Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
· Ensure ServiceNow ITOM Discovery configuration is completed and verified to achieve maximum visibility, whilst being operationally efficient, with no detriment to the integrity of the infrastructure.
· Work with the Managed Service Provider (3rd party) to ensure the effective support of the ITOM capability, developing good relations and helping to define the support processes.
· Support and guide the Business Units to achieve maximum visibility of the assets under their management, through identification and addressing gaps in the Discovered data in the CMDB
· Provide support and training to Business Units in their use of ITOM (Discovery)
· Produce reports on the percentage coverage of assets in the ServiceNow CMDB against total known assets
· Recommend additional data source integrations, where desirable, to address gaps in CMDB data.
· Act as a brand ambassador for the Tech Transformation team and play an active role in positively shaping how transformation capabilities are perceived by the wider business
Key challenges faced on the role
· To manage a number of technical project activities with complex interdependencies across geographical boundaries
· A key contributing member of the Technical Discovery Project you will display high levels of sensitivity when working with local markets.
· To understand in cases why the discover function may not be achieving 100% visibility.
· Resilience / Drive - An ability to keep going and deliver against plan throughout the project lifecycle
· Attitude - To engage and work with sometimes challenging stakeholders to deliver the planned benefit
· Confidence - To take the lead when required to achieve the planned result
Experience & Expertise
· Experience of the wide use of ServiceNow ITOM module specifically including the Visibility and Discovery capability, including the administration and configuration of the module.
· Excellent data analysis skills comparing multiple sources of data to identity gaps and recommend plan and monitor steps to remediate.
· Experience of the use and configuration of ServiceNow CMDB, Hardware and Software Asset Management capability
· Excellent analytical skills including an ability to anticipate and highlight potential issues and opportunities
· Ability to engage, build relationships with and influence senior leadership and key business stakeholders
· Possesses exceptional communication skills, with the ability to engage different audiences at all levels
Skills & Competencies
· ServiceNow ITOM (Discovery) and use of the CMDB
· MS Excel data analysis still (including pivot tables)
· Communication skills - both written and verbal and across a wide range of stakeholder group from management level to operational level
· Highly Resilient
· Strong self motivation, ability to work independently with little supervision
· Bias for action
· Service Now IT Asset Management processes and best practices (SAM/HAM)
· Good general understanding of IT infrastructure
· Strategic and Analytical thinking
· Facilitation skills
· Networking (across multiple functions, business units, external stakeholders)
· Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty
· Ability to positively resolve conflicts
· Able to manage 3rd parties
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
· Minimum 4 years technical delivery of ServiceNow IT Operations Management, specifically in the use and deployment of Discovery/Visibility.
· Good understanding of IT Asset Management process
· Desirable to have achieved ServiceNow certifications in ITOM, Discovery and ITAM
· Degree educated or equivalent