Role: Jira Service Management Developer
Contract Term: 4 Months
We are seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Atlassian Jira Service Management tooling developer to join a small but mighty service operations team for four to five months to deliver the requirement for a "Go-live" scheduled for the end of this Year, the programme is in a challenging phase and the requirement is to develop, build, test and document an ITSM service support tool, you must be comfortable working in an agile environment with peer review of design code and documentation. You will be working with an equally talented, determined service team working on an exciting programme delivering a new application. Given the World is a different place now, it is envisaged that you will be required to work in a hybrid work pattern, currently planned to be 40% in the Office and 60% remote working.
The Atlassian Jira service management workflow and action developer focuses on the development of efficient, automated, and effective ITSM service modules. This is a challenging work environment with significant research, development, integration, and operations components
Your main role will be to lead the JIRA/Confluence expertise centre. Will also be involved in full automation of Service Desk (ITSM), documentation and access management. Documentation, training, automation and support the processes/procedures regarding the use of JIRA in projects.
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you've never met and solve problems you didn't even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we're here to help you do just that.
As a Atlassian Jira Service Management Workflow and Action Developer your main responsibilities would be:
· Serve as the JIRA service Management Subject Matter Expert
· Work directly with the Service Design lead.
· Develop the Service Management workflows and actions for the minimum ITSM requirements for go-live.
· Develop and brand a user accessible service portal to allow access to the modules, SKMS, FAQs.
· Develop a user accessible service health dashboard for the application.
· Work with the 3rd Party Application Support Supplier and other suppliers as appropriate to integrate the portal tools.
· Document the configuration of each module, dashboard and transition the ongoing design and support capability to the SOT service lead.
· Document all processes and procedures for the SOT team to manage and maintain the development.
· Define and document module service tests, outcomes, and ongoing test scripts.
· Document training materials for Super Users and the SOT team.
· Provide assistance as the SME for any accreditation/assurance needs from either Civil or Defence (Security or otherwise).
· Provide day to day support for the SOT team, attending common ceremonies, workstream and programme meetings.
· Identify opportunities for future creative, innovative development.
· Provide day-to-day support. Troubleshoot issues for users, as needed.
· Create JIRA projects, queries and reports as needed.
· Administer JIRA and Confluence.
· Design & manage JIRA/Confluence queries, dashboards for metrics reporting for various teams.
· Develop solutions extending Atlassian REST services and JIRA plugins using the Atlassian SDK or plugins.
· Address user questions and develop training as needed.
· Identify opportunities to be creative and innovative.
· Custom workflows, system settings, user and group management, global permissions, screens, security permissions / roles/ configurations
· Deep understanding of the value in issue types, workflows, fields and customisation
· Establishing and championing JIRA administration best practices
· Undertaking and running an instance migration; deploy, configure, upgrade
· Fluency in Confluence, including security, spaces, design, and integration with JIRA
You'll have relevant experience in:
· Demonstrate hands on experience with JIRA Service Management development and transition
· Ability to create JIRA workflows for each ITSM module, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes
· Experience with custom workflows, system settings, user and group management, global permissions, screens, security permissions / roles/ configurations
· Excellent problem solving skills, process implementation skills
· Creative problem-solving style and strong critical thinking skills
· Efficient, passionate, and comfortable wearing lots of hats
· Excellent communication and partnering skills
· Strong ability to prioritise across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several simultaneous deadlines
· Comfortable in a flexible and cooperative environment and still be able to work independently end-to-end
· Willingness to always learn something