My leading Global Sales and Marketing company are looking for a Data Scientist to help establish the group wide Data Science and Predictive Analytics function.
This role will be a pivotal role at a crucial part of the firms large scale growth plans for the next few years. They have recently merged with multiple companies which mean you will be initially responsible for multiple data mining projects to understand how each business operates and to define the strategy around bringing various data sources into one centralised function.
- Identifying valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertaking pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analysing large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Building predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning using Python or R
- Proficient with SQL and Non SQL databases
- Comprehensive proficiency in programming languages: Python, Java, R, SPARK, SQL, etc). Software development skills to deploy data science projects, familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Expert in mining large and complex data sets - both structured and unstructured extraction of data, transformation and application
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
This role is UK based but can be very flexible on location. Please get in touch to find out more!