My client is a multi-site business working in the manufacturing sector and the core of the business is to provide service solutions for engineering purposes. The Lead Infrastructure Manager role will be based out of Manchester site and needs to understand that this role is very much hands on.
The Lead Infrastructure Manager is to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organisational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, optimising, and improving the environment.
The position involves progressing various key infrastructure and system projects, collaborating cross-functionally, and delivering them on time and within budget. Managing the planned tasks and keeping stakeholders updated.
- Managing the day-to-day IT operations, networks, and computer systems as well as one team member.
- Ensure system uptime is maintained, maintaining patch, malware management schedules.
- Maintaining an IT asset register. Setting out replacement schedule of systems, applications and equipment, liaising with third parties.
- Maintaining documentation of the network, its supported systems and software
- Ensuring that the security of the network, data and systems are protected, mitigating risk, continuous development of network security, recovery and backup processes
- Ensuring that employees are following computer use, information security and privacy policies
- Scoping of IT projects, including upgrades and new systems. Creating budgets, resource planning, including third parties and project management
- Developing a renewal and upgrade schedule for company software programs
- Assuring that IT activities are within GDPR and other regulatory requirements
- Running vendor management process to ensure the company's data security
- Act as project manager for internal and external infrastructure and system developments.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019, Domain Administrator, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Excellent experience of Administrating VMware Virtualisation and physical servers
- Good Veeam backup management and strategy experience
- Juniper Firewall experience, configuring, maintaining, routing
- Good understanding of networking across a broad scope of LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, VLAN, VPLS, Microwave, Fibre, inter-site and switch management.
- Microsoft Exchange Administrator, 2007, 2010 and 2013
- VoIP Administration, problem solving, user management, group management
- Experienced administrating storage technologies; Hyper converged, SANs, NAS and Storage spaces. Nimble, Lefthand, Synology and Netgear
- Cloud migration experience, Azure, Office 365
Key Soft Skills
- Flexibility to complete work out of hours when required
- Demonstrate good listening, persuasion, influencing and articulation skills
- Can clearly communicate to colleagues at all levels providing the level of technical detail required and appropriate which avoids jargon
- Ability to understand the business goals and objectives
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to include and motivate the team and build success
- Previous experience working alongside third-party service providers across all technologies.
In return you will receive a salary of up to £40,000 p/a plus a range of benefits inc. bonus (to 3% of Salary), 25 days holidays, great pension (5% matched). This role will be based from Manchester whilst working from home at least 1 day per week.
Please either apply by clicking online or emailing me directly to Andy.Basham@investigo.co.uk if you need any further information feel free to contact me on 07929 033724; I can make myself available outside of normal working hours to suit you.