A London based Local Authority are seeking a Lead Tester as part of the Digital Transformation work programmes on a new Customer Platform system. There is a requirement for services to be rolled out quickly whilst optimising the quality of the delivery.
As a Lead Tester, you will review the current testing processes, identify improvements, implement those improvements and upskill in-house staff. The scope for introducing some level of automated testing will also be explored and recommendations documented.
· Work with the Customer Platform teams to identify and implement improvements to the system level testing processes and procedures. The aim being to reduce the time/effort required for testing whilst increasing quality. Document the processes and procedures. Successful delivery of improvements will be based on clear and concise documentation, a perceived improvement in pace and a reduction in post go-live issues that were (thought to have been) tested.
· Responsible for specifying and performing system testing across a range of processes. Successful delivery will be based on feedback from the team on the efficiency/effectiveness of the testing and the quality of processes following go-live.
· Upskill internal staff in the implementation of the processes and procedures. Successful delivery will be based on feedback from internal staff and demonstration of their skills being applied.
· Review scope for introducing automated testing in any components or at any stage of the development process. Document recommendations.
· To participate in the Agile development programme, attending sprint planning meetings and advising on forward planning.
You'll be expected to have significant experience in software testing and in leading a test team. They must also have excellent communication skills - both oral and written - and an ability to communicate with all levels and translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience. In addition, experience of working in Agile multi-disciplinary teams is highly desirable, as is previous Local Authority experience and an understanding of the political and governance processes within local government projects.
The work will be remote working based on prevailing Covid-19 guidance and the appointments will be 3 months, outside IR35. The Consultant will provide their own hardware for accessing the corporate systems and desktop.
Please get in touch with Lauren Pocknell at Investigo to be considered.