Investigo are currently partnered with a property consultancy based in South West London who are looking for a Finance business analyst for their growing finance team.
The Finance Business Analyst is expected to be a complete Business Partner, with an understanding of the risks and opportunities in their designated area and the effect on the business. Their main responsibilities are ensuring that accurate month end Management Accounts, Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Budgets, Analysis and Balance Sheet reconciliations are produced in relation to the UK and overseas entities. This role will report into the Head of FP&A.
- The Finance Business Analyst is expected to be a complete Business Partner in their designated areas through building strong working relationships across the business and being an advocate for positive change
- Responsible for helping ensure that accurate month end Management Accounts and Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared for all entities for review by the Financial Controller and the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Manage the budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, providing variance analysis and building relationships with Budget Holders
- Support Senior Business Analyst and the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to ensure deadlines are met
- Assist Head of Financial Planning and Analysis with preparation of monthly Gross Profit Analysis by Partner, Service, Manager and Client
- Preparation of monthly Partner Statements, quarterly forecast and yearly budget packs and analysis
- Monthly revenue and overheads variance analysis (budget/reforecast vs. spend to date)
- Assistance with the preparation of the monthly Analysis Pack
- Assist with monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Project work, (e.g. assist in the preparation of data for the migration to new Finance system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Any other ad hoc tasks required by the Senior Business Analyst or Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
What you'll bring
- Previous experience in preparing Management Accounts is essential
- Previous experience in forecasting, budgeting and analysis
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to adapt to bespoke systems easily
- Good level of competence on Excel, including knowledge of lookups and pivot tables
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team working skills and experience in assisting team members and delivering work to agreed timescales
- The ability to work to varying deadlines
Are you a team player, have a professional and can-do attitude, be self motivated, flexible and be able to prioritise and multi-task? He/she will also ave excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy.
Successful candidates would need to have at least one year post qualified experience and ideally have experience working in professional services, preferably in an LLP. Candidates should be qualified, preferably ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified