Investigo are delighted to be supporting a large Milton Keynes based Financial Services Client with their recruitment of a Management Accountant, on a permanent basis.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for supporting senior management and driving performance in the business through the production and interpretation of high quality management accounts.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Monthly Management Accounts
- Deliver high quality management accounts and commentary for the Alternative Channel businesses..
- Assist with preparation of judgemental elements of monthly management accounts (e.g. Commission and Bonus Accruals, Provisions) and overall review of subsidiary results.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations including follow up of open items to ensure correctly dealt with on a timely basis.
- Review of Aged Debtors report including follow up of unpaid items and unallocated cash with business support teams.
- Management of year end audit process ensuring key deliverables are available on time and liaising with the external audit team with query resolution.
- Provision calculations
- Ensure adequate provision against the clawback of advanced life commissions by company and subsidiary. This will include managing large volumes of data, running it through an agreed model and interpreting the results to assess the provision required moving forwards.
- Review the calculation of provisions for bad debts and ensure compliance with IFRS9.
- Prepare the monthly Board packs
- Prepare the FCA quarterly returns, including identifying regulated business revenue and calculating the capital adequacy requirements.
- Prepare the monthly Headcount analysis for all FS entities.
- Operational Activities
- Review and approval of weekly supplier payments and employee expense runs
- Review and approval of monthly payroll
- Approve adhoc payments via online banking and send payment files to bacs
- Business Partnering
- Providing financial support by working closely with colleagues to ensure the regional P&Ls and associated KPIs are accurate and are used by the teams as a management tool.
- Work with stakeholders to suggest and follow up on revenue generating and cost saving ideas in line with key strategies for the business unit.
The successful Candidate will be a Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA studier who has a background in management accounting. They will be an ambitious, progressive individual who is looking for a role where they can continue their career development, and studies.
Our Client is offering a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 + Study Support + Benefits