This new opportunity for a management accountant has arisen in a large, well known company based in Thame. The management accounting team play a key role in this multi-site organisation as they support the head of management accounting to produce and consolidate all of the accounting information and packs, business partnering through the business with heads of departments to analyse financial data.
- Producing full sets of Management Accounts
- Month End - Overall responsibility for key specific P&L lines and associated balance sheet control.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation, understanding and analysing the risk.
- Creation and posting of accruals, prepayments and other journals in line with correct technical accounting treatment.
- Provide insight into key variances and review with relevant budget holders, challenging them where necessary by applying commercial knowledge and logic.
- Support the accounting team's month end process by meeting timetabled deadlines and proactively contributing to process close meetings with finance colleagues.
- Ongoing critical evaluation of processes and control environment. Liaising with wider finance team and other stakeholders, to build an improved, efficient data flow.
- Ownership of the transactional and reporting elements of key business cost areas.
- Ongoing added value projects to ensure knowledge, records and treatment is relevant and fit for purpose, relevant to owned P&L lines.
- Production of regular reports providing financial and commercial information to the wider business.
The company offer great benefits such as 50% off products, bonus, 25 days holiday and study support. Please apply below to find out more.