Management Accountant - Canary Wharf - Financial Services - salary up to £55,000
A leading international Financial Services business is currently hiring for a newly-qualified or finalist level management accountant.
Working for the Head of Finance, this role will suit an accountant who has an understanding of debits and credits, bank reconciliations, month end close, journal posting etc. You might be someone who is currently in a "part-qualified" role, and now that you are approaching the end of your studies, looking for something that can give you a step up.
You will support the Finance Manager both in BAU reporting as well as deputising as the manager of the team, taking on responsibility to mentor and support junior members of the finance team and give guidance and oversight where needed.
Financial Accountant - Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including costs and variance analysis
- Production of board packs and preparation of year end financial statements
- Reviewing staff expenses, invoices, payment runs and maintaining cash levels
- Monitor KPIS and support external, outsourced finance functions
- Manage VAT process including preparing monthly VAT returns
- Regulatory and financial returns inc Corporation Tax, P11ds and PSA calculations
- Support on audit by working closely with external auditors.
You will be someone who is recently ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified or approaching final exam stage with a good academic record (University Degree or AAT route both equally accepted). A sound knowledge of financial processes within an accounting and controls team is key, so this role would be well suited who has several years industry finance experience.
Working for a fast-paced and high-growth trading firm, you will be someone who is comfortable working to tight deadlines as well as having a certain level of adaptability. This role will sit within a fairly small team, so you'll get plenty of breadth exposure as well as an excellent view of the business as a whole.
Apply now for consideration or get in touch to discuss